Dr. Austen I.Y. Chan
The late Dr. Austen Chan founded Back and Neck Pain Centers in Seattle, WA in 1985. He spoke fluent English and five different Chinese dialects, including Cantonese and Mandarin. Dr. Chan was not only a doctor of chiropractic, but he was also a Nuclear Radiation Physicist. In addition to holding a National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Certificate, he was also a certified radiographic supervisor and operator, as well as a state x-ray shielding design specialist. Dr. Chan was licensed in the states of Washington and California.
- Bachelor of Science in Physics from Oregon State University
- Masters of Science Physics from San Jose State University
- Ph.D. in Nuclear Radiation Physics from Brigham Young University
- Doctor of Chiropractics with honors from Palmer West Chiropractic College in San Jose, California
Dr. Chan had also completed post-graduate course work in orthopedics, biomechanics, biophysics, chiropractic techniques, radiology of the spine, and care of whiplash and spinal injuries.
- Trigger Point Meridian Therapy
- Logan Basic
- Sports/auto injuries rehabilitation
Memberships & Associations:
Dr. Chan served on the Board of Trustees for the Palmer Chiropractic University System and on the Board of Directors of AEA Bank in Seattle, WA. With his background in physics, Dr. Chan had been a well-sought-after specialist in the area of auto accident mechanism of injuries and a qualified expert in on-the-job and auto injury cases. Dr. Chan also participated in a technical exchange program with a hospital in the People's Republic of China and served as a technical x-ray consultant for the Hong Kong Chiropractic Association.